Before taking any supplements, vitamins, and minerals, we always recommend getting a blood test and checking if necessary.
If you do not want to take supplements, here is a list of products where you can find essential vitamins and minerals while doing keto.
- Vitamin B: liver and other organ meats (liver, kidney, heart), red meats (grass-fed beef or lamb), seafood (salmon, oysters, clams, mussels, trout), eggs, dark leafy greens (kale, chard, or spinach), nuts and seeds (sunflower seeds, pistachios, sesame seeds), chicken and turkey, nutritional yeast (a great ingredient to add for a cheesy flavor that's packed with B-12).
- Vitamin C: red bell pepper, green bell pepper, broccoli, brussels sprouts, spinach, cauliflower, cabbage, strawberries.
- Vitamin E: avocado, broccoli, spinach, almonds.
- Vitamin D: fish such as mackerel, trout, salmon, sardines, eggs, beef liver.
- Calcium: dairy products, but if you don't consume dairy, good sources also include fish, broccoli, kale, bok choy, or unsweetened/unflavored almond milk enriched with calcium.
- Magnesium: nuts, artichokes, spinach, fish.
- Phosphorus: meat, cheese, nuts, seeds.
- Chloride: most vegetables, olives, salt, seaweed.